Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sundays




It is a family joke that Aj knows when it is Sunday because he is always sad and ornery. Our ward meets at the 1pm-4pm time and it is especially hard for him because it is nap time. Well this last Sunday it was about 12:45 and we were filling treat bags and Aj of course was sad and wanted something that I would not let him have so he was crying. I kept busy trying to gather everything needed for church. The girls were told to go and get their coats on and I came down the stairs and found Aj crashed asleep on the couch. So we were then faced with the decision to pick him up and go or someone stay home. I decided that I needed to go to Sacrament so I grabed a blanket and scooped him up. He rode on my lap to church (Thankfully it is not far and just in the neighborhood) and then he slept on my lap until 1:50pm. When he woke up he was very happy and ready to head to the nursery. I was very grateful he got a nap and was so happy.

3 comments:

Adam and Bri VanSleeuwen said...

That is so cute that he just fell asleep on your couch, when kids are tired, there's nothing we can do to change it. Good thing he got his nap that day!

nathansara said...

LOVE IT. He is so darn adorable. I hate 1:00 church. It is evil for everyone. :)

NIXON STUFF said...

Hey Nice to see what you are up to. Ya I talked to my Bro this weekend and he told me the news that you are in his ward and Home Teacher at that funny! I hope all is well. Cute Kids! Keep in touch
Emilie